- Premixed Concrete (The type of concrete where you need to mix only water. Mortar mix are the best for this purpose but it is expensive.)
- Water, at least two buckets
- Plastic gloves
- Garden trowel or something to mix the cement, corrugated cardboard or something to use as a mold like a box, dusk mask or bandana,
- Plastic to cover the wet concrete
- Pretty stones, ceramic tiles, marbles etc. for decoration.
- First decide the desired shape you want to give to the stepping-stones. You can buy molds if you want to pour the cement on it and give it the desired shape. You can construct molds yourself by using cardboard and hot melted glue.
- Draw the molds by pressing your pen hard on the cardboard.
- Fold it and stick it with glue. You can use the cardboard mold more than once.
- Keep one bucket with water. You can use other bucket for mixing cement. Wear gloves and dust mask while mixing and also keep the children away.
- Though here we have given you the quantity you can also follow the steps mentioned in the bag. Take 14 cups of cement and mix it 31/2 to 4 cups of water. Begin with a cup of cement and gradually add more until it becomes like that of oatmeal.
- Then pour 2 inches of the mixture of cement into mold. Pick up the structure from one side and place it on the ground so that the air bubbles goes off.
- Then wait for 10 minutes until the water gets evaporated.
- Cover the garden pebble stones with plastic to dry them slowly. This will prevent them from cracking.
- Remove the stepping-stones when it is more than 12 hours. When they are totally dry remove the cardboard.