If you are having the habit to pressing flowers pouches are quite handy item for you. Handmade garden pouches or sachets are made of the materials lying here and there in the garden. This garden craft idea will not only serve your aesthetic purpose but can store any necessary items required for your garden. So take up the garden pouch craft project with your kids and other family members and make your creation a memorable one.
- Evergreen Branches
- Scrap Fabric
- Needle and Thread or Sewing Machine
- Ribbon or Raffia
- Select some of the evergreen branches from your garden or nursery.
- Put them on sun or in open air where the branches can dry out and the needles comes out of it.
- Take a piece of cloth and cut it to the desired size your pouches.
- The width of your garden pouches will be twice the length. Remember to cut more ¼ inches wider so that you can stitch it with a hem.
- Then hem the two long sides of the pouch to give it a rectangular shape.
- Sew up the side seams of the sachet to make a pouch.
- Gather your branch needles inside the pouch
- Stitch the open-end with a ribbon in order to hang it.
- The balsam needles have the strong everlasting fragrance.
- Place the pouches in a warm area.
- Keep them far away from fire.