- Tear out the hooked part of a wire coat hanger with wire cutters or heavy pliers.
- Don't twist the ends of the hanger.
- Round the hanger and give the shape of a circle. Both the ends should downwards in direction and not inside the circle but out side it.
- Insert the hanger ends in the soil in the middle of the pot.
- Then roll the tender stems of the ivy around the wire circling it and making the plant to climb in the top direction of the hanger.
- Continue with the process of rolling the ivy plant in the wire as it is growing. Do it until all the wire is covered.
- Take off the extra stems from the ivy plants that are not required. You can sow it in other place where it will grow into new ivy plants.